Our History

The Kansas Beta Chapter of Phi Delta Theta was founded at Washburn University in 1910. Originally founded as a Local Fraternity called Delta Phi, the Kansas Beta Chapter was chartered with the help of Kansas Alpha Alumni William Allen White.

The Chapter Today

The only fraternity house located on-campus at Washburn University. The Kansas Beta house was fully renovated in 2011 due to the charitable donations of many Kansas Beta Alumni. Kansas Beta offers beautiful housing through the Universities Residential Living Office for a very reasonable price. The house is widely considered the best living option on campus. Active members hold many leadership positions in influential organizations across campus including the Communications Club and the Pre Law Club as well as WSGA.

 

The best house on campus

The members of Kansas Beta live in a house with multiple awards that is also a landmark of fraternity life. Not only does the house bode as a significant chapter of Phi Delta Theta but it is also a important standing of Greek Life at Washburn. The Ron Richey house is a representation of the best of Phi Delta Theta. With a two million dollar renovation from contributions from alumni the chapter of Kansas Beta is a house of sustained efforts of true Phis.